Pages

Sunday, 7 July 2013

Pizza Night


After an impromptu complex driveway chat on Friday night with some of our neighbours, we decided Saturday night would be pizza night at our house. Mr B makes absolutely scrumptious pizza and every time he makes it, it just seems to get better and better.

Good food, great company, and a couple of drinkies - what more could you want??

Typically, we make the same ol' pizza toppings every single time - ham and pineapple, and either supreme or just meat. Last night we thought we'd branch out and have a go at something different (as well as our usual!).

When Mr B and I lived in Perth many moons ago, pre-Bots and pre-kids, we went to the Little Creatures Brewery down in Fremantle a few times for some lunch and beers. They made an absolutely delicious blue cheese and pear pizza. It was one of those things you always remember; it was that good.

So yesterday we tried to re-create that yumminess here in Bots. I found a random recipe that sounded about right on the internet and we followed that.






The kids were big helpers - LL especially!! Miss J just wanted to be in the mix. Unfortunately it didn't result in either of them eating any pizza as I had hoped, but still it was fun having them help.

The blue cheese and pear pizza came out ok. I, personally, wasn't raving over it as the blue cheese was a little strong for me, but Mr B, and the other husbands all seemed to think it was rather delicious.

We decided to follow the savoury pizzas with something sweet. A dessert pizza! I scoured the internet again for ideas. I was literally salivating as I scrolled through. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate seemed to be the general theme. Due to the lack of nutella in our pantry though, I shied away from the chocolate dessert pizzas and instead stumbled over this - Godfather's Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza. I have a bit of a thing for cinnamon sugar at the moment so I knew instantly we had to make it. And we were not disappointed. It was divine. It was so good I had two, maybe three slices.

Image from here

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my own to share. It was literally straight out of the oven and into our mouths. Just typing this now makes me want to go and whip up another one. MMMmmmmm.....

It was such a great night; I can feel another one coming on really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...